Friday, April 22, 2011

Mothers

As most of you already know, my relationship with my parents isn't exactly the most awesome. We've had a lot of fights, been kind of distant for the past year, but whatever. Parents are parents.

Last night, one of my best friends called me to talk about stuff, and basically said, "You should call your mom. She deserves to know what's up."

So I did.

Everything went better than expected. We shared stories, cravings, she gave me advice, and it was really nice to be able to talk to my mother again. I was expecting a freak out, and a very negative reaction. But she was calm about it, talked me through some things, and we are in a pretty awesome place.

I love my mother. I'm sure eventually I'll complain about her again, but today she really made that step in rebuilding our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment