Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fancy Things and Birthing Classes

After the whole debocle with birthing classes being canceled, and insurance being declined, the BF and I finally got to go to classes. It was a two-day extravaganza taking over Friday night and Saturday. I think the weirdest part as the fact that all he other couples were most likely ten years older than us. One couple was cool, laughed, joked and were fun to talk to. But most every other couple didn't want to get to know anyone else.

What I found strange was the fact that two couples had moved back to MI to start a family. That's right, two families moved back to a state with one of the highest unemployment rates in the country to start a family. I'm confused, but people can be such homebodies. The only other couple I know ran away to TN and are staying there to have a baby (btw she writes a great blog about their journey). Which leaves me wondering how many younger couples do come back to get the family support?

I guess because I left home and started fresh in GR. It's were I live, work, my friends are here (during the school year at least, I am making more adult friends. Which is nice, I miss my young college friends, but meeting people that don't move away for holidays is nice.

In other news, got a fancy new phone all complete with android and smartness. Which is actually where I wrote this from. And now that I don't have four jobs, I have had time to dedicate to NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). 1666 wordsa day for 30 days. So far, I'm on track with 11,000 something words. And super excited to keep writing.

Well, 38 weeks along, and my cervix is all sorts of closed up. Not effaced, not dialated, baby is staying right where she is. I'm just ready to drop, hurting all over and feeling fat. I got an exercise ball to keep at my desk and do strengthening exercises. Oh well, the time is ticking down, and I have a full term baby.

Boom bitches, let's get it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment