Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Starting a New Life

I have been told that my posts from my phone are unreadable, and unintelligible. My sincere apologies.

Therefore, it it back to the computer for me, and into the wrap for Zelda. Mostly because I think she actually likes it, and two, I get to have her and feel like a native in the fields with a baby wrapped around me. It's kind of cool, just a big cloth that I wrap around my body, leaving pockets for baby, and she gets to be kinda swaddled/rocked/soothed by me, and it's all hands free. Really convenient.

I have discovered just how much work a newborn is. The crying, the feeding, the pooping, the peeing, trying to keep involved and engage and at the same time not drive myself crazy has taken a serious toll on me. I feel like there is nothing left to give at the end of the day, that I have spent myself caring for this one person, I have no energy to shower, cook, clean, or even sleep.

And we had our first parent fight last night. I asked the BF to take Z for a change since I just fed her. He nodded and kept playing Skyrim. As her screams escalated, I got up and started to change her. He realized that was wrong and put down his game immediately  to try and take over. At that point, I was too angry to let him help and just finished that round by myself. I didn't let him hold her, and I just curled up in my rocker recliner when she fell asleep to try and start out the night sleeping as well. Of course, I was too pissed off to fall asleep, so I ended up sending him texts as he was in the bathroom asking if we could talk. He said that he had zoned while playing and assumed I would pass her, and I assumed that he would turn off the game to take her from me. Assuming makes an ass  of you and Sean.

Gave Z a bath last night too. She didn't like it at all. But the umbilical cord fell out, and it was time for her to get clean. Also took her to the store for the first time tonight - she hated that too. Guess she's just a home-body at the moment. And I'm not going to complain about it. I like chillin at home and doing pretty much nothing but Skyrim and feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment