Saturday, January 14, 2012

Working Hard, or Hardly Working?

You know its a good day to come back to work when you aren't even clocked in and staff is mopping blood up off the floor.

Leaving for my first eight hour shift was awful. I had to leave my house and my baby, and I cried the entire drive there. And cried as I was trying to leave. I never thought I would be this attached to a baby, or anything ever in my life. She hadn't been taking bottles, and it had been hard to deal with. But I had to leave, and I had to start back to work, need to make rent payments and become a real person again rather than just a mom.

Not like being a stay at home mom as a job doesn't exist. I think being stay at home is actually a real job now, but only if the kids are all under school age. Once kids are in school and beyond, it's time to get a part time something.

But I'm back to work part time, Monday, Thursday and every other weekend. And of course, my first weekend back is my weekend on. Not really looking forward to three days at work, but at least I don't have to go until 3p. Good thing about third shift. I also started back teaching skating, and got chased around by a seven-year-old.

A new routine, a new thing, just a readjustment. :/

I miss my baby though.

No comments:

Post a Comment