Monday, December 10, 2012

Key Lime Pie

Key lime pie with meringue.
I may or may not have bought two pound of key limes for $.20. Then made some pie. There are actually two pies, but the same recipe for both. One I made a half assed meringue (above), and the other with just whipped cream (below). 
Key lime pie with whipped cream.
I got this recipe from All Recipes.com, and just used the first one I found. The meringue was a doubled version of this. I also added lime juice to make it lime merigue.

Key Lime Pie (Easy)
1/2 cup lime juice (fresh squeezed key limes take forever btw)
5 egg yolks beaten
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 9in gram cracker crust

Mix it up, and pour it into the crust.
Bake at 375 for 15 minutes
Garnish.

Easy Meringue (again, I doubled this)
3 egg whites
2 TBS white sugar
1/2 cup water
1 TBS cornstarch
1/4 TSP cream of tartar
1/2 TSP vanilla extract
6 TBS white sugar (add while its beating)

The recipe is complicated, but I just tossed everything into the kitchenaide mixer and whipped it all up.

Spread on top of completed pie, bake 10 min, broil 3 min.

Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment