Thursday, January 3, 2013

Crownbraid Attempt


My left side. 

My right side.
I was looking for tutorials on a crown braid, and kept coming up with the 'lazy' way. Two braids you pull over your head and pin in place. I was looking for a french brain that basically runs around your head. Finally I found one on a beautiful mess

"1. You want to start by pulling the majority of your hair forward (in front of your face) from nearly the back of your hair line. This is going to feel very Cousin It but you want most of your hair to be toward the front of your head before you begin. Start on one side of the base of your neck and separate three strands of hair. 2. Begin braiding these three strands together. 3. As you braid, follow along the crown of your head and add a little hair to each strand as you braid around. 4. Once you've braided around the front of your head finish the braid and use an elastic band to secure it. Pin the braid in place, tucking and pinning any loose pieces."

Wonderful pictures, but it turned out to be much harder than I expected. I really didn't expect to be all hanging my head upside down and just feeling stupid. It might have been easier if I had a brush or something, but I didn't.

Fun day, I was feeling super femme and did my makeup and everything too.

2 comments:

  1. It's very pretty. I saw your pic on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I'm impressed with anyone that can braid their own hair (especially french braids!) But, uh, my hair is a little too short for that now.

    ReplyDelete