Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Home Garden 1

Alright, you caught me. I have been trying to grow my own food. Mostly I have been using the tutorials of 17 apart which I found through my friend Meg's blog minimeg. She needs to have children and start making super cute stuff for them. SERIOUSLY! I really like the graphics and the variety of things, and I also don't have to get into pintrest.

Not that I'm against pintrest, but I just can't figure out how to use it.

I decided to go with beefsteak tomatoes, yellow squash, cucumbers, spinach, and two different types of melons. To my dismay, I am about 3 months too late to get any good melons this year, but hopefully if I can keep them in pots I can save them through the winter and keep them alive. Maybe. We'll see.

I am terrible with before and after pictures, so here is my in the middle picture. I used the eggshell seed starters, some potting soil for indoor/outdoor plants, and got everything off of amazon for less than 30 bucks. Then I got some pots from the dollar store because I'm a cheapo. I also have an avocado seed I am trying to get to grow roots and a pineapple that has roots and has been transplanted to it's own pot.

Late May seedlings. 
June 2013 seedlings. So many plants. 
I'm hoping to do some budget slicing. Hopefully.


1 comment:

  1. Haha, thanks! My plan is to get my brother and his wife to have kids and make adorable stuff for THEM. I'll be the coolest aunt ever.

    ReplyDelete