Sunday, July 14, 2013

Vacation From Baby

Sean and I decided to let Z go to fair with his parents this week. They are into equestrian and rodeo kinds of things and they go every year. This year they thought it would be less of a hassle with child care not to drive an hour out to drop her off and an hour back.

I packed up a weeks worth of clothes, diapers, wipes, shoes, socks, sunscreen and bug spray, spent three hours with her until she fell asleep in my arms, then let her get packed up in the car.

There have been at least three 'cry-attacks' since then. I feel empty and hurt, and I wish I didn't have to work so I didn't have to go through this. But it's good to have time away from your kids, right? It's good to have time to do laundry, put away dishes, vacuum and stuff.

But I'd rather be yelling at her to stop jumping on my couch and climbing on the coffee table right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment